We all know the struggle of finding something to watch on Netflix. It can be difficult when you have exactly in mind what kind of show or movie you want to see, but nothing you find seems to fit the spec. Then, of course, there are the genre categories that you can watch through on Netflix. But even then, there are many to choose from.
You must have noticed those super-specific categories that: Netflix recommends on the home page. You can look up these categories yourself using the code numbers that Netflix has assigned to them.
There are countless of these genre categories, and the secret Netflix codes will probably make it much easier for you to find something you want to watch.
Where to find Netflix codes
There are many genre codes that Netflix uses, so you probably won’t be able to remember them all. However, there are several compilations of these codes online, such as on this site, where you can find the genre you want to watch and see the “secret” code for it. You can also select the number to be taken directly to the Netflix page for that code.
Here are some genre codes you may want to use:
- 43048 – Action thrillers
- 7700 – Westerns
- 51056 – Family Features
- 11177– TV cartoons
- 7687– Black film
- 11559 – Stand-up comedy
- 4961 – Dramas based on books
- 42023 – Supernatural horror movies
- 11079 – Experimental movies
- 502675 – Romantic Favorites
- 3327 – Alien sci-fi
There are many choices to explore, and they can get specific (understated 80s foreign dramas, anyone?), so if there are a few genres you want to get back to, you can always write them down and follow the instructions below. to find them yourself.
Using Netflix Codes
Once you have the code you want, head over to Netflix and follow the steps below.
- Log in to your account and choose the profile you want to use.
- In the URL field in your browser, at the end of the site address https://www.netflix.com/browsetype /genre/(code here)†
- Press Enter, and the page will reload in the genre you chose.
- If you want to enter a different code, just replace the number at the end of the URL with the new code and reload the page.
Using Netflix Codes in the Search Field
If you want to use these codes on another device, such as your smartphone or TV streaming device, it’s not exactly possible to use the above method because you can’t stream in the Netflix app and change the URL. However, there is a way that you can look through any of the genres on those devices using the search function.
- Open Netflix on your desired device, log in and select the profile you want to use.
- Go to the search bar on Netflix.
- Type the exact name of the genre whose titles you want to see. As soon as you start typing, the corresponding titles will appear.
- On some devices, related genres appear at the top or side of the search so you can find others to browse.
While this may not be as fast as typing a song, at least you have access to the same genres you can find on your computer. You also can’t look through the genre page itself, only through the search results. So the movies won’t be as organized.
You may also come across certain categories that have no movies attributed to them, especially if it is a super specific category. Since Netflix’s library changes regularly, you may want to check back regularly to see if they’ve added anything that falls under the genre you want to watch.
Find great movies on Netflix
You can access thousands of hidden movies and TV shows using the codes found above or listed online. And if you’re in the mood for a particular genre, you can easily look it up and find exactly what you want to see.
If you want to see even more hidden movies and TV shows on Netflix, try using a VPN to change your locationwhich will change what is available on the streaming service.
Let us know about some of your favorite TV or movie genres available on Netflix in the comments below.